I just got my blood work done. It seems I am in exceptional health, everything is good, BUT my cholesterol levels. It is 276 total, and 178 of that is the baaadddd cholesterol. LDL. I'm am not pleased.
I must say here that in all my recent research, studies are finding that your cholesterol levels really don't mean much at all when it comes to heart disease. There are many other factors more dangerous that we should worry about. Here are two links with some good information on the subject of cholesterol and your health. Mark's Daily Apple Cholesterol Mortality Chart
But, for me it is important. It means I am NOT EATING RIGHT and NOT GETTING THE PROPER EXERCISE.
But, for me it is important. It means I am NOT EATING RIGHT and NOT GETTING THE PROPER EXERCISE.
For the past few months, during the holidays especially, I did not eat what I know is to be healthy. Lots of rice, grains, sugars, alcohol...And my daily walks did not start until the end of the year. Count Down to Health - Walking
The last time my cholesterol level was so high is when I had just started Paleo/low Carb. In 8 months it dropped from 169 LDL TO 116. I remember the look on my doctors face. But that was 3 years ago. Time flies when you are in love, get lazy and go to Dairy Queen.
Speaking of said doctor, he is of the belief I need to go on lipids. Drug Her! I think not, Scott. I don't want drugs. I know that if the rest of me is healthy, my risk of a heart attack or stroke is pretty slim.
I have done this before, I can do it again. Since Jan 1st, I have been eating more Primally...dairy and fruit included. That really isn't enough time to show signs of improvement as far as my blood test goes.
So here is the challenge. And if you want to do it with me, great. I am going to lower my LDL level significantly before my next appointment in March. I want to see my doctors face contort.
How am I going to do it? Simple. LOW CARB. I am cutting the dairy, lowering my fruit intake and increasing meat and veggies. Oh, and very limited alcohol. My liver needs to work it's best to make me healthy.
This is a scientific experiment, so to speak. I know where I am and I know where I want to be.
Also, I have been walking 15-30 minutes a day, but I also want to start lifting weights again.
So, who is in this with me?
So, who is in this with me?

No comments:
Post a Comment