Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It's Recipe Day

I feel it's time for a wonderful Paleo Recipe. Don't you? I want to share something that I make most often and Hubby loves.


My daughter went to a Thanksgiving Party and instead of having the usual Thanksgiving fare, they had a Mediterranean Theme. One of the dishes they cooked was called Mantia. It's an Albania dish that actually is used as a stuffing for Dumplings, but, for Paleo sake, we are foregoing the dumplings, and substituting rice noodles. There are several different ways to make this dish, but here is what I do.

This is one of those simple dishes and you will end up making all the time.

What you need:

2 lbs Ground Beef or Ground Lamb. (I prefer Lamb)
Olive Oil
3-4 stalks of Celery
1 Onion
2 tsp Garlic salt
1 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Dried Parsley
2 tsp Dried Mint
1 tsp Allspice
1 package Rice Noodles of your choice  (I prefer shells or rice macaroni)
2 Tbl Greek Yogurt
One Whole Tomato, chopped
One Whole Cucumber, chopped

Cut a whole onion and 3-4 stalks of celery into fine pieces and cooked them in olive oil until they turn clear. Set them aside. Brown the meat completely. Once the meat has browned, add back in the onion and celery. Let them simmer together for a few minutes at a low heat. Add the garlic salt, pepper, parsley, mint and allspice. Let this simmer a few more minutes to get all those tastes blended together.

While the meat is browning, boil the rice noodles as per the directions on the package.

When the meat is cooked, pour over the noodles as you would spaghetti sauce. Then top it all off with the Greek yogurt, chopped tomatoes and chopped cucumbers.

Voila!

It is healthy, filling and will warm you up.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment