Friday, December 20, 2013

And the Path to Good Health Continues. Day 5

Today we are going to relax. No, not all day....just for 15 - 30 minutes. 


Stress is one of the worst things that can cause our health to decline. It ties your nerves up in knots, it raises your blood pressure and messes with your mental clarity. We all have stress every day.  It is hard to avoid. But...we can do something about the pain it causes our bodies. Meditation.

Meditation is a fabulous way of unwinding our tightened stress causing coils.  

There are several ways to meditate. 

The most important rule to a successful relaxation time is no distracting noise, like the TV, radio, cell phone...turn them off. 

One way I like to meditate is in prayer. Talking to God. I start praying and then I turn my mind off and listen. He does speak to me. He takes the stress away.

Another meditation trick I do is use a meditation APP. There are several out there for your phone or tablet. I start right before bed and it helps me unwind. I know I said no noise, but the monotone of the person on the APP is soothing. 

Meditate while you walk. Feel the breeze, listen to the birds, feel your heart beat. Turn off your mind. Breath.

So.  Today we are adding meditation to our daily routine. If you don't have 15-30 minutes to unwind, take as long as you have. Turn off the TV and just sit. Try not to think about your day. Try to just let it all go. Think of a beach with the waves gently rolling in. Think of a river as it flows down. Listen to the wind in the trees. Just stop for awhile and let your body recharge. 

List for today
Junk your junk
Walk for 15 minutes
Purge your treasures
Add  a vegetable to your plate
Meditate. 

I hope you are already starting to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment