Today's mission, If you choose to except it, is to add a vegetable to your diet. Just one.
I know, I know, we are supposed to be eating lots of veggies everyday, but do you? 10% of Americans eat a sufficient amount of vegetable. 10%! If you already enjoy veggies daily, I am proud of you. So, let's add another. Pick something you have never tried. Arugula. Beets. Brussel Sprouts. (Gag). Actually, that's the one I am going to add today. I could never eat them as a kid, but I didn't like cabbage. I now love cabbage. So I am taking the plunge. I'm going to eat Brussels sprouts today. What's your favorite veggie? Add that one today. I'll count tomatoes as a veggie....their are classified as a fruit, but....
We need those nutrients. We need the fiber. Yes, vegetables are fiber. Our SAD (sad American diet) claims from the FDA says to get fiber from whole grains. Well, as a Paleo eater, I don't eat grains. That's for another blog post....but, needless to say, the fiber from veggies come with an added benefit. Vitamins. Mineral. Phytonutrients.
What other goodies do we get from vegetables? Eating vegetables lowers your caloric intake for a healthy weight maintenance. From that comes lowering your risk of diabetes, heart disease, cardiovascular disease, colon cancer....to name a few. Now, isn't that what we want? I know I do!
Ok, so where are we?
Our daily plan consists, so far, of:
Junking the junk
Walking for 15 mins a day
Purging your hoarded 'treasures'
Adding just one veggie to your plate
Wow! We are well on our way.

No comments:
Post a Comment